I was allllll byyyy myyyyseellfff this afternoon so I played in the kitchen and something beautiful happened! 😃 Raw treats! The chocolate biscuity base with creamy maple berry filling is incredible - raspberries and chocolate are truly a match made in heaven! This treat is raw vegan (gluten free, dairy free).
❤ BERRY CHOC CHEESECAKE SLICE ❤
1. Soak 1+1/2 cups of cashew nuts in warm water for 1 hour (natural cashews, not the roasted or salted kind).
2. Line a small square baking tin with baking paper. In a food processor, blend together 1c dates, 1c almonds, 1/2c cashews, 1.5 tbsp of cacao/cocoa powder, and a splash of water. The mixture should stick together once combined - if not, add a little more water.
3. Add the mixture to the tin and spread to edges using the back of a spoon. Wet the back of the spoon to help the spreading process.
4. Wash your food processor, and drain your cashew nuts. Add the cashews to the processor along with 1/2c of maple syrup and 1/2c of warm water. Blend together until creamy. If it’s looking a little too thick, add more water. Add half of this mixture to the chocolate nut base you prepared earlier. Spread evenly, and then on top of this layer sprinkle with a 1/2c of frozen raspberries and (optional) 1 tbsp of cacao nibs.
5. Once you’ve arranged the raspberries and cacao nibs cover with the remaining cashew cream. Be gentle as you evenly spread this on top.
6. Cover your slice with plastic wrap and set in the freezer for a few hours!!
ENJOY! It’s hard not too 😉